Re: master 5ee3c37: Make sure that all gnus buffers are killed on exit

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: master 5ee3c37: Make sure that all gnus buffers are killed on exit
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:51:23 -0500

> * Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> [2020-01-29 19:35:56 +0100]:
>
> address@hidden (Sam Steingold) writes:
>
>>     Make sure that all gnus buffers are killed on exit
>
> This introduces a bunch of compilation warnings:
>
> In end of data:
> gnus/smime.el:694:1: Warning: the function ‘gnus-get-buffer-create’ is not
>     known to be defined.
>   ELC      gnus/spam-report.elc
>   ELC      gnus/spam-stat.elc
>
> It also sounds somewhat odd for a library like smime.el to be calling
> Gnus functions (and the same goes for the other calls in packages like
> mail-source.el).

Are these packages actually used outside of gnus?
Are the buffers in question intended to be seen by users?

> And why should buffers created by those packages be killed when you hit
> `q' in Gnus?  This sounds like very surprising behaviour.

I found many buffers created by gnus lying around after I exit, and it
seemed like all the files in the gnus directory were only used by gnus.

Thanks.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1671
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com