Re: emacs extensions in guile?

From: Eric Brown
Subject: Re: emacs extensions in guile?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 08:03:21 -0600

Muru Selvakumar <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> is it possible to write emacs extensions in guile? I mean i understand that
> guile can run elisp code, but can extensions written in guile can use emacs
> internal variables, say buffers for example. or guile is still a second class
> citizen inside emacs?
>
> Thanks,
> vanangamudi

Not in official GNU Emacs to the best of my knowledge, though I'd be
curious to know whether modules could be a conduit to get to Guile.  I
have not explored the possibility.

There is a write-up at:

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GuileEmacs

which points to a proof-of-concept, though I believe that development
has effectively paused.  That repo worked for me when I tried it a
couple of years ago on Debian GNU/Linux, though it was comparatively
slow for reasons that have been discussed on this list and elsewhere.