Re: Temporarily disable `timer-event-handler'

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Temporarily disable `timer-event-handler'
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 02:21:37 +0100

Some sort of macro (aka `ignore-timers') which essentially
forbids yielding during the execution of the enclosed body,

No, remember: Emacs is a Lisp machine, aka a kind of OS, so this would
mean that application A hogs the whole machine just because it wants to
prevent B from running.

Instead we need something more specific which lets A delay B without
delaying other, unrelated, events.

In a fine-grained scenario where one knows exactly which other timer (event) to delay, yes. I was more into temporarily inhibiting all the timers (for whatever reason may be needed too, e.g. what Michael faces). Would be cool to support both of course.