Re: Really noninteractive

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Really noninteractive
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 08:20:48 -0500

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 14:11, <address@hidden> wrote:

> LI> Yes, but that's not what I want.  :-) I want to say "this function call,
> LI> in this otherwise totally normal Emacs, should not prompt".
>
> Okay, so you've established that `noninteractive` only diverts "normal emacs"
> to call `read_minibuf_noninteractive()` which in turn attempts to get input
> from stdin

See, I assumed this as well after reading the prior messages of this
thread. But I just tried it out now, and it actually does not do any
diversion. I'm actually not entirely sure why, I guess changes to the
`noninteractive' variable from lisp don't reach the C level?

So the redirection of stdin only helps in the --batch case.