Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:08:17 +0100

>> So it doesn't flicker when the frame doesn't need a resize?  Maybe GTK
>> catches that.
>
> Yup. Maybe.

In either case I'd have thought that the now attached patch is needed to
avoid a flicker when the frame does not need to be resized (and we still
would hide the frame and make it visible again) but apparently it's not
needed).

> The benchmarks that I posted earlier in this discussion did show that Lucid
is very fast at resizing.

Resizing only, I suppose.  We seemed to agree earlier that Lucid is slow
at repositioning + resizing.

martin