Re: On elisp running native

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 20:33:39 +0100

Andrea Corallo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Andrea,

>> Besides fixing this, you could also *add* own CI tests, which will be
>> run once your branch has seen any git push. The tests are described in
>> Emacs' root directory, file .gitlab-ci.yml. Read also admin/notes/emba.
>>
>> Just in case you're interested in.
>
> I'd be certanly very interested.  The issue could be that, as of today,
> bootstrapping and native compiling the whole Emacs is about 7h total cpu
> time (to be divided by the machine parallelism).  Not sure how many cpu
> threads emba.gnu.org has and if we want to load it with this.

We could use Pipeline Schedules for that, see
<https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/pipelines/schedules.html>. Running
bootstrapping once a week or once a month, as needed. It could still be
triggered manually, in case you want to test the CI integration itself.

emba.gnu.org is a VM. It reports 2 cores / 8GB RAM. I have no idea how
your full bootstrapping fits, we'll see.

> Regards
>
>   Andrea

Best regards, Michael.