Re: Word wrap for non-whitespace-seperated language

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Word wrap for non-whitespace-seperated language
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 09:40:53 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Would someone please make fill.el work for variable pitch fonts
>> and other things that vary from fixed columns?  It is not a small job
>> but it is vital for Emacs to advance in the area of formatting.
>
> I think shr.el already does that, see shr-fill-lines.  We just need to
> lift that code from shr.el and use it in fill.el.
>
> Lars, am I missing something?

No, I thing that should be fairly straightforward to do.

I'm not quite sure it would be generally useful, though -- presumably
people who use variable-width fonts when writing text also set
`word-wrap' to t, because you can't really tell what font you're next
going to use when editing/looking at the text.