Re: Try and detect common problems in lexical code

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Try and detect common problems in lexical code
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 21:54:28 -0400

  > because the file that defines `byte-compile-dest-file-function` might be
  > loaded after the let binding is created (i.e. in response to the call
  > to `byte-compile`).

ISTR that in lexically-scoped languages you usually have to load
an interface spec for a program before you can call it.
Maybe that is the right direction to go, for this.

Maybe it is possible to have a function 'lexical-require'
which is like 'require' except that, instead of _loading_ the
file require, it only prepares to call things in that file.

--
Dr Richard Stallman