Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 08:52:16 -0400

>   18.59        n/a    0.320
>   23.4       5.436    1.019
>   24.5      25.482    1.636
>   25.3      22.370    1.610
>   26.3      16.533    1.911
>   27.0.90   17.602    2.339
>
> First column is the version, second and third column are the times with
> font-lock-mode enabled and disabled, respectively.

Thanks.  Some more questions need pondering before we can know what
might need to be done:
- What is the target?  is 5s good enough?  What about 10s?
- The middle column is basically a test of the font-lock performance of
  CC-mode's `c-mode`.  Is `c-mode` really all we care about here?
  [ I believe for the OP's case `c-mode` was just taken as an example
    but is not the only case he cares about, maybe not even the main one.  ]

-- Stefan