Re: Rename "window" to "pane" (after Emacs 27)

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Rename "window" to "pane" (after Emacs 27)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 14:03:37 +0200

> I have nothing in principle against renaming "window" to "pane", but
> it would be a big transient.  Before doing that, I think we should
> poll the users to see what they think about it.

How would we go about polling the users?

This is indeed a big undertaking, seeing as there is 50.000+ instances
of "window" in the tree to consider.  I have made a few false starts,
but it's hard to decide the best way to start with such a big task.
I'm currently bogged down with real world commitments and dropped the
ball a bit here, but if there is interest I might be able to take
another stab at it when things clear up.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas