Re: Optional support for GDI+ on Windows (emacs-28)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Optional support for GDI+ on Windows (emacs-28)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 20:39:39 +0200

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 8:27 PM Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

 > A compile-time option seems plenty to get that experience.

I think most users of Emacs on Windows do not build their own Emacs.
So, if we want GDI+ support to be tested so we can trust it, we would
need to "distribute" (as we do know, non-officially) two different binaries.
Which means that a user that knows nothing about the current image
libraries *or* GDI+ has to decide beforehand and without enough
information; or alternatively we would need to "push" the GDI+ build as
preferable, which would be weird for a new feature that can potentially
cause problems.