tree-sitter and emacs-devel

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: tree-sitter and emacs-devel
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 12:01:38 -0400

FWIW, re-reading over the discussions around emacs-tree-sitter of the
last few days, I must say I'm not proud: if I were a contributor to
tree-sitter and/or emacs-tree-sitter, all this squabbling over how
tree-sitter "should" work (from people who have not been involved in
either of those and don't have any practical experience of how it
performs or why it's designed that way) would make me run away screaming
and promising myself never to come back to that mad house.

The worst part for me is to realize that I was mostly on the side of the
backseat drivers :-(

        Stefan