Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: emacs rendering comparisson between emacs23 and emacs26.3
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 17:50:59 +0200

> Please try setting comment-use-syntax-ppss to nil.

This has zero impact here.  Even when going to the end of the buffer
first and scrolling backward afterwards.  I have no idea yet what's
going on here and unless someone else can confirm my observations (Noam
was the only person so far who at least noticed that

  I can see it here, especially on scroll towards the beginning of the
  file (Emacs is maxing out the CPU while doing this).

but apparently nobody else has seen it) I have to dig into this myself.

martin