Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Request for pointers and advice: displaying several bu

From: Dmitrii Korobeinikov
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Request for pointers and advice: displaying several buffers inside a single window
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 02:35:19 +0600

I don't know why, but I never received the email from Stephen in my
inbox (Robert's I have). I replied via "reply via e-mail to" button on
the tracker, but my reply was filed into a seperate thread [1]. I
wonder how not to make that happen again...

But, first of all, sorry, I think I have miscommunicated my general
intent in the OP. What I meant to say is that in the end I will want
the two buffers behave as if they were two regions of the same master
buffer (implying, for instance, the possibility of point seamlessly
jumping across their borders), and I thought that ommiting the
interactivity part and hacking up the renderer would be a good start.
That, admittedly, wasn't very far-sighted of me. And now I am
beginning to embrace the inevitability of having to extend upon the
gap buffer.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-04/msg00260.html