Re: Common Lisp in Emacs (lisp-mode, font-lock, SLIME, SLY, ...)

From: Luke Gorrie
Subject: Re: Common Lisp in Emacs (lisp-mode, font-lock, SLIME, SLY, ...)
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 08:05:34 +0200

On Sun, 12 Apr 2020, 04:41 Richard Stallman, <address@hidden> wrote:
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

Why call it "SLIME"?

Eric Marsden wrote it originally as a quick weekend hack and named the files slim.el and skank.lisp after the song he was listening to at the time (Fat Boy Slim.)

I picked up development and renamed the files slime.el and swank.lisp so the buffer names wouldn't collide in my Emacs session.

Hadn't anticipated that the code would be so long lived or maybe we could have chosen a better name :).