Re: "Why is emacs so square?"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "Why is emacs so square?"
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 23:19:28 -0400

  > I wasn't referring to how buffers can be operated from C code.  I was
  > referring to how buffers are an integral part of the Emacs Lisp
  > *language*, and not some hypothetical "standard library".

I don't think the concept of "standard library" makes sense for Emacs
Lisp.  However, I conceptually divide the programming facilities
of Emacs into

* The Emacs Lisp language

and

* the editing facilities.

I see buffers as part of the editing facilities, not part of the Emacs
Lisp language itself.

  > I was also referring to how the Eintr explains how buffers can be
  > manipulated from Lisp code quite well.

What do you mean by the term "Eintr"?

--
Dr Richard Stallman