Re: Why mouse-1/2/3 ?

From: ndame
Subject: Re: Why mouse-1/2/3 ?
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 11:23:47 +0000

> Like a friend of mine said the other day: "why do the people have to speak
> constantly English and don't speak German, as everyone else does?" :-)

Yep. It's like saying Emacs doesn't need to adapt, if someone wants to use it
then learn the emacs terminology.

There were other threads about making emacs easier to use, less alien. Little
arbitray differences from mainstream systems add up and make emacs less familiar
for no good reason.

An other example is the window/frame  vs pane/window difference, though I
realize
that's much harder to change, considering that all of emacs uses it. That may be
too much work and may not be worth the effort to change it.

But if smaller differences which may not need much work can be eliminated then
they should be.