Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 21:22:02 +0200

> Hello,
>
> address@hidden (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:
>
>> What is a bit frustrating / confusing - even for me as a longtime org
>> fan - is the changed behaviour of the paragraph keybindings M-h and M-{
>> M-}.
>
> I'm not sure I follow, because Org binds M-h to org-mark-element and
> M-{ (resp. M-}) to org-backward-element (resp. org-forward-element), an
> "element" being the generalization of a paragraph in Text mode.

Thank you for your request.

text-mode:

- M-h is selecting a paragraph and the separating empty line ABOVE the
  paragraph. M-h is selecting the next paragraph when you are between
  paragraphs

- M-h in the "list paragraph" is selecting the whole list and an empty
  line ABOVE the list.

org-mode:

- M-h is selecting a paragraph and the separating emtpty line BELOW the
  paragraph.  But only when you are in the paragraph and NOT in an empty
  line above the paragraph.

- M-h in the list paragraph is only selecting one "list line".  If you
  are in the list's first line it selects the whole list and an empty
  line BELOW the list

text-mode:

- M-{ is skipping to am empty line behind the paragraph also when you
  are in a line ABOVE the paragraph

org-mode

- M-{ is skpping to the next paragraph but not when you are in the line
  ABOVE the paragraph, then it is skipping to the next header (*) line!

- M-{ in a list paragraph is only skipping to the next list line.  But
  not when you are in the first list line, then it is skipping to the
  next header in the example below.

Analogue for M-}

Please consider the following in org-mode and text-mode
** New option 'help-enable-completion-auto-load'.

This allows disabling the new feature introduced in Emacs 26.1 which
loads files during completion of 'C-h f' and 'C-h v' according to
'definition-prefixes'.

This allows disabling the new feature introduced in Emacs 26.1 which
loads files during completion of 'C-h f' and 'C-h v' according to
'definition-prefixes'.

   - bla
   - otot
   - nix