Re: "Bringing GNU Emacs to Native Code" at the European Lisp Symposium

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "Bringing GNU Emacs to Native Code" at the European Lisp Symposium
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 23:24:34 -0400

  > I'd like to upload the recording on some free software based streaming
  > platform but I'm totally lost on the subject.  Any suggestion?

1. What software the _platform_ is based on is not crucial,
because that has no effect on the people who use that platform.

2. The crucial question for the users' freedom is whether the site
requires them. or leads them, to run any nonfree software,
including nonfree Javascript code.

3. Any web site can host a file of video in such a way that any browser
can view it without ANY Javascript.  Just put the file of video onto the site,
and tell people its URL.  Any modern graphical browser, when it encounters
a file of video, will stream it.

4. The only special thing about "video platform" sites is that they
have other auxiliary facilities, for things such as uploading
videos. tracking users who watch them, and restricting those users.
You don't need those things.

5. You do need a site that you can post the file on.
Someone here surely has a site and can post this file on it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman