Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode

From: Howard Melman
Subject: Re: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 10:52:35 -0400

> I wouldn't expect `org-cycle' and `org-global-cycle' to work for any
> `outline-regexp' value. If it works, good for you, but Org really
> expects "\\*+ " here.

FWIW, it's worked flawlessly for me since 2014, though I
only use these bindings in the simplest ways.

> Implementing `outline-cycle' and `outline-global-cycle' may be more
> future-proof.

That's probably true.

While less game changing than the cycling commands, I think
the keybindings for M-<arrows> are great too. I use those
commands infrequently enough that having them on arrows
really aids memorability (and I've been using emacs for 30+
years so remembering keys isn't generally a problem for me)
and having them be the same in various contexts (outlines,
markdown, code, etc.) is one of the things that makes emacs
great.

--

Howard