Re: [ELPA] New package: transient

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: transient
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 19:09:32 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 18:51:34 +0300
>
> >> You type 'C-h f', start typing
> > I said "if you know nothing about the function's name".  How do you
> > "start typing" in this situation?  Typing what?
>
> The more frequent case is when you know *something*.

"Something" that appears in the name, or "something" that is related
to what the function does?  If the latter, then you are much better
off with index-search in Info.  And since knowing something about the
functions domain is a superset of knowing something about its name,
the Info index-search is a more efficient tool in these cases.