Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 16:47:11 +0900

> On May 3, 2020, at 23:13, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> For quite a lot of people, this page
>> http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/elisp_string_functions.html is much simpler
>> to use & learn from than this page
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Strings-and-Characters.html
>>
>> It does not mean that the later page is bad, it is actually more complete,
>> better documented, already grouped
>> in topics... and yet, a lot of people prefer the first page... straight to
>> the point, simple examples.
>>
>> Please tell me if you are able to understand this, if you cannot I'll try to
>> explain further.
>
> I understand this very well, I'm just astonished to hear that this is
> all the documentation you and some others want to see or have.

Nobody claimed that it was *all* we want to see or have. Quite the contrary.

What ergoemacs shows represents one step on a pretty steep learning curve.

That's all "we" (Philippe and I as far as I can tell from this thread, but all
the people who use ergoemacs as a reference too, I guess) claim.

There is a need for such a summary *that also links at the current
documentation*, as I also replied.

That "summary" (regardless of how it is implemented) does not exist today and
that is partly what this whole thread is about.

Jean-Christophe Helary