Re: Proper namespaces in Elisp

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Proper namespaces in Elisp
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 23:40:46 +0100

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 10:51 PM Vladimir Sedach <address@hidden> wrote:

> Common Lisp does not do a good job of this, because whether or not a
> symbol's package prefix is printed depends on the current package you
> are in when printing.

How is that a flaw? The point is that WRITE and READ are
complementary and they will produce the same symbols
in textual and symbolic representation.

If you want to always print/read consistently, print everything
from a package that doesn't use any other package, even :CL
SLIME/SLY do that.

Anyway, this is getting slightly off topic, I wasn't directly
arguing for CL packages, anyway.

João