RE: [offtopic] Gmail "conversations" splitting up from time to time

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [offtopic] Gmail "conversations" splitting up from time to time
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 13:34:16 -0700 (PDT)

> Drew, I think in all my cases it comes from your client :-/ Is there
> something you can do to fix this?

Not that I know of.  I'm using the Outlook client
provided by my employer, and my employer's mail server.

> we see that Drew's messages are with "RE" but the mailing list
> software is not as broken as Gmail.

I don't understand what you're saying, there.

Yes, I see that my replies have "RE:", not "Re:".
I don't know if that's a problem, and anyway I
don't see a way to change it.

> This is annoying because it's then hard to follow a thread properly.

I don't understand that part either.