Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 02:31:29 -0400

     > My guess: he doesn't know dash.el

Neither do I, I looked it up.

The manual for dash.el doesn't explain what dash.el is about, it
advertises it self as a 'modern list library for Emacs'.

>From the looks it contains a big mix of various functions that operate
on lists, anaphoric variants of Emacs lisp ones, some functions
borrowed from Haskell, some functions to work on tree, and a thin
layer for various Emacs Lisp functions to follow the dash.el libraries
internal naming converntion of prefixing everything with a dash, and
the Scheme naming style for predicate.  At the end, I still do not
know what dash.el does, or what to use it for.

s.el seems to be much simpler, and a simple layer over strings, often
aliasing standard Emacs Lisp functions to follow the Scheme convention
of using a question mark to indicate a predicate.  Some of which look
useful in function, but have a non-standard naming convention.