Re: [ELPA] New package: inform

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: inform
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 15:45:02 +0200

address@hidden (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:

> I'll collect the "standard" documentation which will be more or less
> eternal.  Thank you for the first pointer.

Aren't these "standards" all the files in Emacs' info/ folder?  (Except
the dir file.)

> And my hope is that a package repository maintainer is coming up with a
> way to update programatically the growing?, ephemeral? Elpa, Melpa
> texinfo documentation.

After a second thought, it might be more practical to check if a
document is coming from the `package-user-dir' or info/ and collect over
time a - hopefully - small list of none-Elisp/Emacs related documents to
filter them out.

(defcustom info(rm)-none-emacs-or-elisp-documents
           '("aarm2012" ; Stefan: Ada manual
             "arm2012"  ; Stefan: Ada manual
             "sicp"  ; T.V: Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs)
 "List of all none GNU-Emacs or Elisp documentation.
  Not to be checked for linking."
 type: list
 group: info)?

       Dieter