Re: PL support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 19:05:58 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 18:53:10 +0300
>
> Cannot enable what?

Font-lock and indentation based on those capabilities, for one.

> Eglot is in ELPA. Have you tried it?

No.  Not enough time, sorry.

> > Please someone start working on this ASAP.  We sorely need that, just
> > look at the recent discussions on Reddit that underline these
> > deficiencies in Emacs.
>
> None of these discussions say "oh, if only Eglot was in the core instead
> of GNU ELPA, that would solve my problems". I haven't seen a single
> opinion like that.

I said nothing about moving Eglot to the core.  It was João, not
myself.  I'd be happy if we could have these capabilities that
depended on Eglot (or any other package, really) being installed.  We
could figure out the rest later.