Re: PL support

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 00:08:55 -0400

On 09/05/2020 19.19, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> On 10.05.2020 01:23, Clément Pit-Claudel wrote:
>>> In principle, I disagree: as long as Eglot is maintained and works well,
>>> we*should*  present it as "blessed", and we can do that in introduction
>>> videos, documentation, tutorials, etc.
>> But why more than lsp-mode?
>
> Because they choose to participate in the "core" Emacs development very
> little?

Oh? I thought we chose to exclude them by writing a competing package instead
of trying to bring them aboard.
What does it mean for an external package to participate in the core Emacs
development?

> And because they chose not to get included in GNU ELPA, which would be a
> "reward" in itself (oob availability for new users). We couldn't mention
> packages not in GNU ELPA in documentation as prominently anyway.

Really?  The only thing I could find is
https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/issues/83, where the general opinion is
that it would be good for lsp-mode to be in core, until they (mistakenly) seem
to conclude that eglot is in core already.  What am I missing?

> We couldn't mention packages not in GNU ELPA in documentation as prominently
> anyway.

Why?  Is the policy that it's bad to endorse code not *owned* by the FSF?