Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: dash.el [was: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs]
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 16:38:40 +0300

On 17.05.2020 16:01, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Most people (somewhat wrongly) think of GNU ELPA as a*distribution*
   > site for third party packages, like MELPA.

Maybe that changes things.  If we present ELPA as just a distribution
site.
If we regard ELPA just as distribution site, we shouldn't decide so lightly to
leave important packages on ELPA, we should be tend more to adding them to core.

I would like to point out, as an author of several packages, that in my experience having a package in ELPA is _better_ than having it in the core.

The exception to that rule is more or less cases where the package is not only added but also enabled by default.