Re: master 453ffe5: Fix minor Tramp oddities

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master 453ffe5: Fix minor Tramp oddities
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 08:08:44 -0400

> +          (archive (tramp-archive-file-name-archive filename))
> +          ;; Sometimes, it fails with "Variable binding depth exceeds
> +          ;; max-specpdl-size".
> +          (max-specpdl-size (* 2 max-specpdl-size)))

This is an ugly hack to work around a problem.  Emacs doesn't shy away
from ugly hacks to work around problem, but we should make every effort
to document the problem so that if someone has the time&energy to try
and find a better fix they know where to look.

IOW, could you make a bug-report of the problem (ideally with
a reliably reproducible recipe and/or a backtrace) and link to it in the
above comment?

        Stefan