Re: My perspective as a mid-level user on pros/cons of different editors

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: My perspective as a mid-level user on pros/cons of different editors
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 17:45:46 +0300

On 20.05.2020 17:31, João Távora wrote:
On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 3:13 PM Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:
On 20.05.2020 17:06, João Távora wrote:

'C-h .' shows documentation for a function? Or diagnostics/errors?

Maybe both. This is still under discussion.  Let's have your feedback
there in the issueI linked to.

Okay. Continuing with the discussion on GitHub, then.

No diagnostics will ask you to refactor a method. To do a
rename/extract/override kind of action.

That's simply a missing feature, I guess.

No not entirely, I think. There's eglot-rename.  Yes another command.
But the extract/override stuff is probably "code actions".  I'm not
100% sure how they work right now, I can check later.

Sounds good.

But anyway, they could be supported by Flymake diagnostics. Or
some other abstraction for supporting "interesting regions".

Not sure all "code actions" have some pre-defined regions.

Um, okay. If there is a splash screen, couldn't it say 'M-x
eglot-start'? Or do you dislike that name now, for some reason?

I don't _dislike_ the name.  I chose a unique name because I felt
"lsp" would be too intrusive on a technology (obviously, someone
else thought otherwise...).

It could, but "Eglot", as Stefan pointed out, sounds unnecessarily
peculiar and foreign.

*shrug* I like it.

Anyway, all this is putting the cart way ahead of the horse.

Indeed.