Re: Versions of Emacs Manuals on web

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Versions of Emacs Manuals on web
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 10:02:42 +0200

On Thu, May 21 2020, Richard Stallman wrote:
> You can evaluate this from within emacs itself for getting > the right copy for
  > your emacs version:
  > (info "(emacs) File Variables")

That idea could be better than just a note.

It will fail miserably, though, if the specified node does not exist on the user's machine. I recently went looking for `(info "(elisp) Special Read Syntax")` on Emacs 26 and didn't find it, because it's new in Emacs 27.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments