Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 14:43:32 +0300

On 25.05.2020 05:57, Sacha Chua wrote:
I imagine that a newbie getting into Emacs because of things like Magit
would be excited to see the splash screen or menu item for "Manage Emacs
packages," but might be confused by the short list of packages. They
might think: "Is that all there is? Is my Emacs broken? Is my setup
incompatible with those packages?"

All other suggestions aside, I think that'd still be better than the current situation. A user who has questions is motivated to find answers. A user who doesn't know, doesn't know. :-)