Add user customization fido-completion-styles

From: Andrew Schwartzmeyer
Subject: Add user customization fido-completion-styles
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 14:02:28 -0700

Hi,

Users of fido-mode (like me) may want to customize the completion style it uses, so add a variable to allow them to do so.

For instance, I really like using the “initials” style so “vlm” quickly completes visual-line-mode, and then falling back to flex. There are also neat packages like orderless (https://github.com/oantolin/orderless) which add a new completion-style, which folks may want to plug-in and use. Anyway, it seems like it ought to be customizable.

Thanks,

Andy

P.S. I wish “flex” were a bit faster. On my circa 2012 MacBook, M-x is noticeably slow with “flex” for commands. Also, I don’t know what “:version” to put on the defcustom, and the docs could be improved a bit.