Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:34:21 +0200

Hi Stefan,

I've read the threads -- great to see that Nicolas and you are both
working on this.  I have a small preference for Nicolas' approach, as
the dotted lines feel a bit more readable than the three columns.

I'll let you integrate my suggestion on adding the line about listing
ELPA packages when/where you see fit.

About the vertical space in the splash screen: here (emacs-28.0.50)
the number of text lines in the splash screen is 15 by default and 18
with the message about auto-saved files.

Perhaps we can agree to keep this number of lines below 20 and adapt
the height of the logo when (20 lines + current logo's height) does
not fit into Emacs startup height?

--
 Bastien