Re: 31395511: "Don’t attempt to modify constant strings"

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: 31395511: "Don’t attempt to modify constant strings"
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 00:48:34 +0100

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 11:42 PM Pip Cet <pipcet@gmail.com> wrote:
João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

I think you want
(defun sly-make-action-button (label action &rest props)
  (apply #'sly--make-text-button
         label nil :type 'sly-action
         'action action
         'mouse-action action
         props))

instead, since the new function returns a copy of label rather than the
string passed in.

By itself, that doesn't work.  I have the same problem.

I think I'd rather this previous behavior were retained, or at least
achievable by request. I haven't touched this code in a long
I don't know what else might depend on it.

I don't care about < 24.4 compatibility, if that helps

João