Re: eww and bookmarks

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: eww and bookmarks
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 14:01:52 +0200

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <contovob@tcd.ie> writes:

> > So we would have to consider what could happen if the user aborts
> > error, and such.  That's why I think using the callback of
> > `url-retrieve' would be better/cleaner.
>
> Could you store the desired callback or other values in eww-data?

I guess.  But it's not the solution I would prefer.

BTW, `eww-render' already has a POINT argument.  Not quite enough for
our purpose, though.

Another alternative: we could make the callback arg of the
`url-retrieve' call in `eww' a closure remembering the value of
`eww-after-render-hook'.  That would make binding the hook variable work
as expected.

Michael.