Re: master 68ae6fa: Improved light/dark colour predicate (bug#41544)

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: master 68ae6fa: Improved light/dark colour predicate (bug#41544)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 17:50:32 +0200

11 juni 2020 kl. 21.22 skrev Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com>:

> My equipment [...] says that shade of gold in fact
> performs okay in all four scenarios

I have no reason to doubt your observations. Let's try a plebiscite!

                      * * *

Dear Emacs developer or user,

Please load the attached code (any Emacs version), and run M-x contrast-compare
with various cutoff values on your favourite system, to find what value is best
for readability of the colour names (first column).

Colours with luminance (last column) below the cutoff will be use white text,
others black. It is mainly Emacs in graphical (non-TTY) mode that is of
interest.

Please reply (to emacs-devel or to me) the following pieces of information:

* the cutoff value you found optimal
* system information: window system, screen, anything you think is relevant
* whether you use a light or dark background in your Emacs