Re: Support for multiple batteries

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: Re: Support for multiple batteries
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:59:40 +0100

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   >   This can be perceived as a regression
>   > on multi-battery systems because battery-upower currently assumes a
>   > single battery, whereas the previous defaults of battery-status-function
>   > on modern GNU/Linux systems (battery-linux-sysfs and
>   > battery-linux-proc-acpi) support multiple batteries.  The patch in [5]
>   > adds support for multiple batteries to battery-upower as well, so that
>   > it can remain the default backend when applicable.
>
> It sounds like that could make it work again for me.  Would you
> please tell me when it is installed, so I can try it?

I have now installed the patch[1] for bug#39491 on master.  Please give
it your worst and let me know of any problems you encounter.

[1]: Improve battery.el UPower support
453d30d92c 2020-06-18 13:11:17 +0100
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=453d30d92cbf940567869d4705c1fcfe57725825

--