Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 22:10:13 +0300

On 19.06.2020 21:57, Theodor Thornhill wrote:
And even if the backend is Git, no one said that I want all of the
files in the repository to be part of my project.  I may be working on
a project that includes just a handful of files from a repository that
has thousands of them.
True. I believe this is not yet supported fully by the api. For example,
a huge monorepo with .git only in root is a struggle.

I suppose it could be fixed with whitelisting approach to project-ignores (feature planned).

But that depends on how you can/want to define such a project. We'll need examples. And a new bug report, probably.