Re: Delete variables obsolete since Emacs 23

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Delete variables obsolete since Emacs 23
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 17:28:03 -0700

> Other than that, does the attached patch look okay for master?

I have looked this all over again, and I'm attaching a (hopefully) final
patch here. I found some places where the documentation needed updating,
and one or two uses that I had missed previously. There have been
relatively minor changes since last time, but I want to give everyone a
chance to comment before pushing.

If someone wants to take a stab at it, we still have to remove the below
items. I left them alone for now simply because they were a bit tricky
to untangle:

 * lisp/net/newst-backend.el (newsticker-cache-filename)
 * lisp/subr.el (translation-table-for-input)
 * lisp/subr.el (define-key-rebound-commands)
 * lisp/subr.el (redisplay-end-trigger-functions)
 * lisp/subr.el (window-redisplay-end-trigger)
 * lisp/subr.el (set-window-redisplay-end-trigger)

(The last four above should be easier to remove when the fast-lock and
lazy-lock libraries are removed.)

Besides that, the next step here would be to remove variables obsoleted
in 23.{2,3,4}.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas