Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: Mingde (Matthew) Zeng
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 12:09:01 -0400

On a side note, M$ Outlook is also dropping support for IMAP/SMTP. See
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/end-of-support-for-basic-authentication-access-to-exchange-online-apis-for-office-365-customers/

Whether one likes it or not, Outlook is the default email solution for many
companies and unviersities, including mine. Therefore we need to think of a
solution that preferably works for more than just Gmail.

(What's more obsurd is that the IT team at my university already decided to
terminate IMAP support themselves earlier this year "to avoid future troubles"
which effectively broke my MUA completely.)

Thanks,
Matthew

--
Mingde (Matthew) Zeng