Re: Emacs 27.1 released

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs 27.1 released
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 16:34:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> Does this mean the emacs-27 branch is reopened for patches?
>
> Yes, but please only install bugfixes which are either safe enough for
> the release branch, or very urgent, or fix regressions introduced by
> Emacs 26 or 27.1.  Other changes should go to master.

All these changes are collected for being included into Emacs 27.2. These
are almost bugs reported via debbugs, or on the Tramp ML. Changes which
are not safe for Emacs 27.2, and all new Tramp features, do not belong
to this patch set.

These changes are already included in the master branch, so we know a
little bit about their stability. And they are also propagated via GNU
ELPA; people who have reported bugs could check the solution.

> Thanks.

Best regards, Michael.