Re: Emacs 27.1 released

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: Emacs 27.1 released
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 14:51:31 +0200

14 aug. 2020 kl. 08.02 skrev Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>:

> We are assessing this from two very different points of view: you are
> thinking about fixing the bug, and I'm thinking about the dangers of
> some unintended consequences of the fix destabilizing Emacs 27.2's
> version of Calc.  By their very nature, unintended consequences are
> unknown to you and to me, so asking for any specific details is not
> useful.

Sorry about the misunderstanding -- no malice intended. Version history
indicates that you were the one bringing Calc into the Emacs tree and did quite
some work on it at the time, so it would be daft to assume that you didn't have
good knowledge of the code. In other words, there may very well be something
you know about it that I could learn.

However, I understand that you have made up your mind. Sorry about wasting your
time.

(Moving Calc to ELPA would probably be beneficial to everyone, but given the
inevitable opposition to such a move, nothing I would propose seriously.)