Re: emacs-mirror on github.com

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: emacs-mirror on github.com
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 18:20:17 +0700

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 16:32, Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> wrote:

> Philippe Vaucher <philippe.vaucher@gmail.com> writes:
> > Just adding @tarsius and @purcell to the discussion, because I'm pretty
> > sure at least one of them knows who to redirect to :-)
>
> I don't know either.
>
> I have tried to contact them by opening an issue, but they ignored that.
> It's not possible to open issues in this repository anymore (or look at
> old ones), but since Github doesn't allow disabling pull-requests, that
> can still be used to attempt contact.  Just make sure to use a very
> engaging subject line and be very patient. :/

I see that the repository page displays the README from the root
directory. Maybe put a section in there saying “We know there are
mirrors on Github; none of those are official and if you send pull
requests they *will most likely* be ignored and you *may be but not
guaranteed to be* laughed at. Instead, please send your contributions
by invoking M-x report-emacs-bug”. (Rephrase for kindness if
necessary.)