Re: Line wrap reconsidered

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Line wrap reconsidered
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 10:42:56 +0300

> From: Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 13:31:56 -0400
> Cc: larsi@gnus.org,
>  emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> +@vindex{word-wrap-by-category}
> +  By default, Emacs only breaks lines after whitespace
> +characters. That strategy produces bad results when CJK and Latin text
             ^^
Two spaces between sentences, please (here and elsewhere, in
documentation and in comments).

> +are mixed together (because CJK characters don't use whitespace to
> +separate words).  You can customize @code{word-wrap-by-category} to
> +allow Emacs to break lines after more characters. That way
> +word-wrapping for CJK-Latin text works right.

This should mention char-category-set and modify-category-entry (with
a hyperlink to the ELisp manual); otherwise users will not know how to
customize this feature to their needs.

> +static bool it_char_has_category(struct it *it, int cat)

Our style is to start the function's name at BOL, like this:

  static bool
  it_char_has_category(struct it *it, int cat)

Otherwise, LGTM, thanks.