Emacs:Native-Comp Backtrace

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Emacs:Native-Comp Backtrace
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 17:36:44 -0700

Hi Andrea and others,

This is a follow-on to my earlier message re a possible race
condition, this time with a backtrace.

1. I load dired-x in my emacs startup, and I have dired-omit-mode
   enabled via customize (settings saved to a custom file)

   2. The above emacs startup works with no errors or warnings  with
      regular emacs.

      3. With emacs native-comp version, this throws a symbol's value
         as variable is void in the *Messages* buffer.
         4. native-emacs (native comp version) does not throw a
            backtrace even if you start it as native-emacs
            --debug-init

            5. I produced the attached backtrace by setting
               debug-on-error to t at the top of my early-init.el
               6. As the backtrace below shows, the psession package
                  in the process of restoring buffers opens a dired
                  buffer, and at that point, dired-omit-mode    is on
                   dired-mode-hook, but apparently dired-x hasn't been
                  fully loaded yet.

                  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function dired-omit-mode)
  (dired-omit-mode)
  (run-hooks change-major-mode-after-body-hook dired-mode-hook)
  (apply run-hooks (change-major-mode-after-body-hook dired-mode-hook))
  (run-mode-hooks dired-mode-hook)
  (dired-mode "~/Mail/foo" "-al")
  (dired-internal-noselect "~/Mail/foo" nil)
  (dired-noselect "~/Mail/foo")
  (run-hook-with-args-until-success dired-noselect "~/Mail/foo")
  (find-file-noselect "/home/raman/Mail/foo/" nowarn)
  (psession--restore-some-buffers)
  (run-hooks emacs-startup-hook term-setup-hook)
  (#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x11887347ec248cf1>))
  (normal-top-level)

--
♉Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮♉

--