Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gail

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gail
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:26:21 +0100

On Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 14:03, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> FWIW, I had both mutt and fetchmail working against an Exchange server
> with NTLM (yuck!) authentication. No idea whether Microsoft plans to
> (or has, already) phase out NTLM.

If gnus doesn't have support for Office365 when the authentication
procedures change (and it's unlikely it will), I will redirect all my
Office365 work email to a friendlier mail server and use gnus splitting
and other bits to manage.  It seems that SMTP will not be affected so I
will still be able to send emails through my work email.

> Microsoft "boiling frogs since 1975"

Yup.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.7 on Debian bullseye/sid