RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 12:03:25 -0700 (PDT)

> > However, I think `` – Emacs'' is kind of useless.
> > I like useful information.
>
> The name of the application in the title is useful. It helps you pick
> the Emacs window out of multiple applications operating on the same
> file. For example, a Dired buffer showing a directory and Thunar
> showing the same directory.
>
> This is important in contexts where the window contents are not
> visible, e.g. a taskbar showing minimized windows, or a
> tiling/tabbing/stacking window manager such as i3 showing a single
> window in the stack and the titles of all other windows in the same
> stack.

The discussion is about the _default_ frame title.
Users can define their own title formatting.

How common is the use of multiple applications
(in separate window-mgr windows) for the same
file or directory (or other argument)?

(Not a rhetorical question - that's never been my
experience.)

Wrt your examples of a file or dir, showing the
buffer name should be even more specific, and
even better distinguish from some other app
window for the same file or dir, no?  Especially
if the other app puts its app name first in the
title.