Privacy shield and emacs

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Privacy shield and emacs
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 11:43:58 +0200

Hello!

I am almost certain the answer to this is "not a problem at all", but I
still want to ask:

Is emacs in any way (its users, companies letting employees use it,
maintainers etc) affected by the new ruling in CJEU in the middle of
July?  More specifically, is there any data transfer between EU and US?

This ruling may make Office 365, AWS, Azure, (and I'm guessing) VS, VS
code, IntelliJ illegal to use for companies in the EU.  It is still a
little hard to find good articles about this (some are in the
footnotes), since it a is fairly new ruling.

Have a nice day,
Theodor Thornhill

Footnotes:
-